So you want to make sweet potato fries! Do you have an oven? A sheet pan? A sweet potato? A pulse? GREAT! You can make sweet potato fries! My personal recipe is super easy and can be dressed up or down as much as you like.
We all know that sweet potatoes are like the unicorns of potatoes. So we should eat more of them. They are fat-free, cholesterol-free, loaded with vitamins and minerals, and plenty of fiber! Thanks to that fancy fiber they have a lower glycemic index than regular old white potatoes too, so they are a-ok to eat on a low carb diet! (Hurrah for all us Type 1 diabetics out there!
Ok, enough about how awesome these orange beauties are. ON TO THE RECIPE!
Super Simple Sweet Potato Fries
- sheet pan
- cutting board
- bowl for tossing
- 1-2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 dash salt to preferred taste
- 1 dash pepper to preferred taste
- 1 dash garlic powder to preferred taste
- 1-2 tbsp oil of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Peel the sweet potato(s) and chop into 'fries'. It helps if you keep the size relatively consistent.
- Toss the fries in a bowl with the oil (I use olive oil) and seasoning to coat. Want spicy fries? Add chili powder! Want sweet fries? Add cinnamon and brown sugar! The options are ENDLESS!!
- Spread the fries onto the sheet pan in a single layer for even baking.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until desired crispiness is reached. I consider ours done when they are slightly brown on the bottom.
- Enjoy your deliciousness.